Both Malwarebytes and Symantec are known to be quite professional and advanced antivirus tools. They intend providing end to end protection for computer data, protection them from possible threats like spyware, malware, adware and many more. Not just creating protection shield, these tools are capable of detecting existing virus or malware on your system. You just have to conduct a scanning process with these tools and you shall end up finding that some virus or threats have been detected, if there are any of them at all. After detecting them, the antivirus applications remove them and repair damaged files.
Observing the effectiveness of both these tools, people choose to have both of them on their systems. This is where they do some mistakes. It is actually a big mistake to choose Malwarebytes and Symantec to be installed simultaneously. These programs consider each other to be unwanted. As a result of the glitches between, users come across a lot of technical issues or errors. In fact, Malwarebytes may detect other antivirus as virus program and delete it. To protect system from such glitches, you can follow the advices as stated below.
Uninstalling Symantec Antivirus
In order to avoid glitches between Malwarebytes and Symantec, you have to consider uninstalling any of them. You can choose to uninstall Symantec by following the steps that are provided below.
- At first, you need to go to control panel.
- Once you are at the control panel, you should find “Add or remove programs” icon and double-clicking on it will help opening up the list software installed on your computer.
- Find Symantec on your computer and then click on it.
- As soon as you have clicked on it, you shall find option like Remove and Repair.
- Instead of repair, you should choose remove option. Once you have done that, you shall be able to find setup wizard on your computer.
- Follow options on this wizard will help you to remove the software successfully.
- Thereafter, click “Finish” button to end this process.
- Now, the most important thing is to restart software, before you perform any actions like virus scanning for system with Malwarebytes.
If you want Symantec antivirus to stay on your system without causing any glitches with Malwarebytes, you should go for configuration process of the tool. Make sure that the configuration has been done with precision. Mistakes in configuring can lead to error. All you need is to put Symantec into exception list of Malwarebytes Technical Support Number to know more.